ads

Chapter 11 Good friends

 



 I explained to the two of them about the future plans.




"For now, go home. We'll start in earnest tomorrow."


"Okay"


"Right. Wait a minute."


"?"




 I take out a bag containing copper coins from your inventory.




"!? What, something came out of nowhere..."


"It's a skill I have. Let me see... this should be enough. Here."




 I handed 5 medium copper coins to Lapis.




"Th-This is……?"


"I'll give it to you guys. Use it to buy something."


"Eh, eh!? a-are you serious?"


"Of course, you've just left the orphanage, right? You probably don't have any money. So, go buy some food with that you can't fight with an empty stomach you know."


“B-but…why did you go this far?”


"I told you. I'm going to train you guys. I can't stand it if you fall down like this. Well, you should think of it as a prior investment for the future."




 Lapis stared at the copper coin in her hand and then clutched it.




Thank you... we'll gladly accept it. Thank you so much."


"Thank you! Now we can buy food!"


"That's right. We haven't eaten anything all day."




 They must have really cornered...


 Were they trying to fight in such a state? No wonder they lost to slimes.




"Well then, we'll be going."


"Okay. Let's meet at the adventurer's guild tomorrow."


"yes!"




 The two of them returned to the town.




 Now then, it's time for me to return too.


 I think I'm going to be busy tomorrow. I've got to think about those guys.




 …………




 …………Wait?


 By the way, where do those sisters live?


 Where were they planning to go?


 They've just left the orphanage, if I recall.


 ……I'm curious.




 So, I decided to discreetly follow the two of them, making sure not to be noticed.






 The place they headed for was a bakery.


 I think they bought some cheap bread there.


 After leaving the store, they walked away carrying the bag containing the bread. I'll follow suit too.




 They walked for a while and eventually arrived at...




“Is this… a slum…?”




 The place I headed to was an unexpected slum.


 This place is unsafe and dirty. It's also an area I don't like to visit.


 The royal capital Celestia is said to be a huge city and is quite large.


 But there are places like this as well.


 Perhaps it existed because the city was so large...




 Despite the location, the two of them went deeper and deeper into the place.


 Eventually, they arrived at a deserted place and sat down together against a wall.




"That person was kind."


"Yeah. I can't thank him enough for doing this."


"Maybe I should say thank him again when we see him tomorrow?"


"That's right. Maybe we should convey our gratitude again then. But for now, let's eat. I'm starving."




 They opened the bag and took out the bread, both of them devouring it hungrily.




"! This bread is delicious."


"Yeah. The one we had in the orphanage was much harder. This might be the first time I've had bread that was so easy to eat."


“There’s more, so you can eat as much as you want.”




 Sisters eating deliciously.


 They must have been really hungry, as they quickly put bread into their mouths one after another.




"Ah... this is the last one..."




 Lapis stares at the only piece of bread left.


  Lapis seemed to have realized that they had bought an odd number of pieces.




"Onee-chan? What's wrong?"


"... this. I'll give it to Finne."


"Huh? Are you sure?"


"Yeah. I'm already full. You can eat."


"B-But..."


"Don't worry about me. You can eat it."




 Then she pass the bread.


 Finne took it and then she stared at it for a moment.




"? What's wrong? Are you not going to eat?"


"... hmm well then"




 She tore the bread in half down the middle and divided it in half.




"Yes. This is for onee-chan."


"Eh... Are you sure you don't want to eat it all? You don't need to worry about me."


"Even onee-chan hasn't eaten enough yet, right? It's going to be hard again tomorrow, so you have to eat properly, right?"


"But..."


"You're going to be strong enough to become a full-fledged adventurer, aren't you? Then you have to build up your strength. I can't just let onee-chan carry all the burden by yourself. We promised to do our best together, remember?That's why I'm half."


“……”




 Lapis stared at it for a while, and then, as if thinking about it, she accepted the half-sized piece of bread.




"... Alright, Then I'll take it."


"Hehe. So let's eat?"


"Yeah"




 …………Aren’t they good kids?


 They must have been supporting each other like this for a long time. It's a heartwarming sight.


 They are really close sisters. Although they are poor, they help each other and live together.




If you like my work please support me Ko-fi



Prev    TOC    Next


Comments

ads